Goals / Mission statement
The mission of QUALANOD is to promote the use and secure the quality of anodised aluminium through the design and management of a product and process certification adapted to end-market needs.
- To safeguard and develop the standard of quality of the anodic oxidation of aluminium and its alloys.
- To promote the QUALANOD quality label internationally.
- Proactively act on sustainability (environmentally, socially and economically).
- establish, run and maintain a licence system for issuing the QUALANOD quality label (incl. trade mark holding of the quality sign)
- supervise the Quality Sign and its further development
- prepare QUALANOD Specifications regarding the pre-requisites for licensing relevant industrial firms to use the Quality Sign, which shall be performance based and product oriented
- support unification and further development of quality standards
- safeguard uniform control methods for all QUALANOD licensees
- safeguard uniform control methods for inspectors and testing institutes organised under QUALISURFAL
- contribute to market pull activities
- contribute to the promotion via the members and the general licence holders (market push)
- adopt the principles laid down in EN 15530 “Aluminium and aluminium alloys - Environmental aspects of aluminium products - General guidelines for their inclusion in standards” in the QUALANOD Specifications
- evaluate a sustainable QUALANOD label