Qualanod – Quality Label for Sulphuric Acid-Based Anodising of Aluminium
QUALANOD is a quality label organisation committed to maintaining and promoting the quality of anodised aluminium. To determine whether or not anodising meets a customer's requirements, the results need to be measurable against technical specifications. On behalf of customers who have products anodised, QUALANOD defines comprehensive quality requirements and monitors the compliance by licensed plants world-wide. As a result, purchasers of anodised aluminium receive a premium-grade product delivering long-term value with good quality. In past years QUALANOD has consequently made a great contribution to assuring the quality of aluminium parts used in many end-markets.
QUALANOD has about 185 licensees distributed across 30 countries in Europe, Asia, Africa and North America.
- Infra-structure for accredited product certification
- Verified compliance with ISO/IEC 17065
- Network of testing institutes
- Inspectors experienced with anodizing
- National Associations with local responsibilities
- Well-known and respected label
- Established and effective Specifications
QUALANOD is not a quality management system. ISO 9000, ISO 16949, or QS 9000 quality management systems provide procedures to assure the quality management system of an organisation. Such a quality management system is, however, an asset for a licensee.